Calling all gym junkies, yogis and outdoor enthusiasts— it’s time to utilize merino wool activewear. Wool has many amazing properties that make it the ideal material for exercise clothing. While you may think wool is just suitable for winter conditions, it’s also appropriate for working out on those hot summer days. The material is soft, comfortable, lightweight, breathable and quick-drying and will keep you cool in the heat and warm in the cold. Many brands are taking advantage merino wool’s outstanding properties, particularly Ibex— a Vermont-based merino wool company providing high-performance activewear and outdoor apparel. Read on to learn more about the benefits of wearing merino wool while working out.
- Temperature Control. Wool’s temperature control properties make it ideal for both warm and cold weather conditions. Unlike synthetic fabrics, merino wool responds to changes in body temperature. It absorbs moisture and evaporates it into the air to keep your body comfortable and dry in all conditions. Due to its ability to absorb and evaporate moisture, merino is incredibly breathable and won’t create static electricity or uncomfortably cling to your skin.
- Extreme Comfort. Merino wool is super soft and flexible. Its tiny fibers allow the material to bend more than other wool fibers, so the material feels soft and gentle against your skin. Additionally, the material is naturally elastic so it will stretch with you, making it perfect for exercise.
- Odor Resistance. Merino wool has anti-microbial properties that keep your garments fresh and odor free, no matter how much you sweat. While your other workout clothes will start to smell after a single use, wool apparel and accessories won’t stink. This means you can wear them for longer and more times between washes, which is particularly beneficial for backpacking and camping.
- Easy Care. Wool is stain-resistant, machine-washable and anti-wrinkle, so merino wool apparel is extremely simple to care for. It won’t be easily stained by dirt or grime, and you can simply throw it in the washer and dryer to for an easy clean.
- Sustainability. Merino wool is a 100% natural and renewable fiber, so it’s good for you and the environment.
These are some of the many reasons to wear wool while working out. To shop for wool clothes online, visit ShoppingBlitz.com.
The annual Pinterest 100, a curated board of 100 Pin predictions across the top 10 categories, was recently released and revealed the style trends that will be all the rage in 2016. While old trends like Athleisure will remain popular, new fads like belt bags will also be hot in this year. Read on to discover some of our favorite trends that you can expect to see in 2016.
If you love sporting your running sneakers, moisture-wicking jackets, and yoga pants beyond the gym and yoga studio, then you’ll be happy to hear that the Athleisure fashion trend isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. The fashion trend, which prompts incorporating activewear into your everyday wardrobe, gained massive popularity in 2015 and is expected to continue its momentum in the new year. In fact, the buzzword has become so commonly used that it will be added to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary early this year.
Stemming from the Athleisure trend, comfy-cool throwback sneakers will continue to be a huge hit in 2016. Throwback sneakers are receiving tons of pins from men and women alike and are being rocked with all sorts of clothing, from trousers and jeans to dresses and skirts.
Fanny pack lovers rejoice! This year we’ll see a modern take on the outdated fanny pack with the introduction of the elegant waist belt bag. This sophisticated take on the fanny pack will be the accessory of choice for storing all your essentials, especially during music festival season.
Merlot for Men
Merlot is anticipated to be the hot color for men this year. We can expect hues like merlot, maroon and burgundy to be featured on all kinds of men’s garments from formal jackets and suits to casual sweaters. So, if you’re looking to get some new pieces for the new year, stick to merlot!
To get your hands on the hottest style trends for 2016, visit ShoppingBlitz.com to shop for clothes and shoes online!
We’ve decided it’s time for change. Renovations to improve your shopping experience are underway at our showroom store in Union, NJ! Here’s a sneak-peek at what’s in store:
Better Layout. More space and less clutter is our goal and so far, it’s looking good! Wall space is being properly utilized to make items easily accessible while allowing breathing room as you walk around.
More Brands! We still have the classics – our Life is good tees and Columbia jackets are still in full display, but soon you’ll be able to shop our New Balance wall and Dakine backpack section as well! Furthermore, our sales department is working feverishly to bring in the greatest brands out there. Be on the lookout for the latest brands added to also be displayed in our showroom!
Dance Section. Calling all dancers, gymnasts, and cheerleaders! We’re soon to become your go-to place for dance and activewear products! With the recent launching of brands Body Wrappers and Motionwear – and let’s not forget our pioneer Capezio in the forefront, we’re stocking our show room with more options than ever before! Leotards, tights, and dance shoes will be on display soon for customers that wish to see the products before they buy.
A special “Thank You” to our fellow SB staff, Jill & Bern for turning our vision into a reality! Don’t be shy! Come on in and take a look, but please pardon our appearance as we continue to make Shopping Blitz your #1 choice for clothing and lifestyle products!