As a part of the ShoppingBlitz.com marketing team I am a sucker for planning, especially when it comes to travel. The amazing experiences you receive from visiting a place you have never been is unparalleled. Being prepared for such an adventure can make the experience a once in a lifetime event. On a recent trip to Playa Del Carmen, Mexico I was once again reminded of the importance of packing.
The first step in any successful trip is intelligent packing. Lists, lists and more lists is the key.
1. Break down all your anticipated activities into categories and make a list for each.
2. Pack more underwear then you think you will need!
3. If you are going somewhere warm, always pack more than one bathing suit.
4. Think about accessories in terms of outfits, both day and night.
5. Figure out what items you can’t survive without and what you might need in an emergency.
6. Don’t forget to check the weather, research the location and read as many traveler reviews as you can stand!
The correct luggage is also key. The bags you choose could mean the difference between misery or ease and heaven knows you don’t need added stress at the airport! Backpacks, cross body purses and a carry-on roller are ideal. As you rush to make your flight or attempt to stow away your bags on the plane, you need light and easy to maneuver pieces. It’s also smart to pack an extra bag for souvenirs or dirty clothes for the trip back. Bonus points if you have a matching set of luggage with numerous compartments!
Above all go into the experience with an open mind. Life happens despite our best plans and its good to be ready for all the ups and downs. Never forget to pack your sense of adventure and playfulness. This is vacation after all and what better time to step out of your comfort zone and try something entirely new! Luckily for you, ShoppingBlitz.com has all your travel needs in one place. Whew! One less thing to check off that list.