About the Job
World Blitz is looking for an eCommerce Web Developer to work with our team at our site in Union, NJ. This person would need to work with our tightly-knit IT department in conjunction with our business groups to design, develop and test complex eCommerce. We are looking for a web designer/developer who would be responsible for the coding of our e-commerce websites. They will be involved with the technical structure of our websites including the ongoing involvement in the maintenance and update of our existing sites.
Hours may vary a week, Monday through Friday. Additional hours may be required to meet development deadlines, which could include evenings and weekends. This is a chance to be part of the building of an expanding platform. We are a fast growing company in need of people willing to grow with us.
Skills and Requirements Needed:
We are looking for a passionate PHP/LAMP developer who has experience developing high-traffic, dynamic retail websites. This person should also have experience with retail websites, mobile app development a plus. The ideal candidate is an individual who is adaptable, self-driven, motivated and eager to learn.
• At least one year working with PHP for E-Commerce.
• Knowledge and demonstrated experience with cross-browser and cross-platform issues (IE, Firefox, Safari, etc.)
• A good understanding of web retail.
• An understanding of Templating Systems like Smarty
• An understanding of the benefits of SEO and the development skills to support SEO are a plus.
• Experience updating and expanding functionality of existing websites.
• Familiarity with mobile web practices including responsive web design and development.
• Strong communication and writing skills are a plus.
• The ability to communicate directly with peers and managers.
• Strong organization skills to manage multiple timelines and the ability to complete tasks quickly.
• Ability to properly manage a ticketing system.
• Knowledge of Google Adwords and Feeds is a plus.
• Implement updates and revisions to our retail sites.
• Specifications/Requirements gathering as needed.
• Routine daily maintenance of existing sites and applications.
• Take ownership of daily project needs and communications.
• Communicate project status and deliverables with the team.
• Record time daily.
• Design, create and program MySQL databases if needed.
• Manage project tasks, timelines, and communication.
• Complete updates on existing websites.
• Perform routine site maintenance as needed.
• Other tasks as needed for successful project completion.
Additional Skills and Experience in these Areas are a Big Plus
• Front End Development
• Graphic Design
• B2B and B2C marketing and branding
• SEO and SEM analysis software – for example Raven Tools
• Familiarity with different content management systems both open source and proprietary
If interested please send a Cover Letter and a copy of your Resume to